Pages

Monday 15 May 2017

Catch Up

A bit of a drive around on Sunday with a trip to Beaconsfield Services to drop off my Great Grandfathers Clock to my sister and then it was off to Millets Farm Falconry Centre for my 60th Birthday Present, flying hawks and owls. Great to see Saber the Gyr x Saker again. We met up in June 12014, where he was a lot younger and a lot browner.

On my travels as I took a detour across country to avoid the M4 closure between junctions 13 and 12, (apparently it is going to be closed for 3 weekends, to put  anew bridge in place) I acme across House Martins and a Spotted Flycatcher to add to my year list.

However the most impressive count was 35 Red Kites along my route.

Going further back last week I put the moth trap out only to find 1 Light Brown Apple moth in it the next morning. I blame the Frogs as I photographed 5 all hopping around the garden.

A few images:

Frog "One"

Frog "Two"

Frog "Three"

Frog "Four"

Frog "Five" - 10 May

Light Brown Apple Moth - 11 May

Spider sp. - 12 May

Spider sp. - 12 May

Saber the Gyr x Saker - 14 May

Saber the Gyr x Saker - 14 May

Saber the Gyr x Saker - 14 May

Kestrel "Pip"

Tawny Owl "Twoo"

Racoon

Rook

Red Kite - One of 35 seen today - 14 May